Nature of Industrial Relation :
Essentially, IR is concerned with the relationship between management and workers and the role of regulatory mechanism in resolving any industrial dispute.
“More specially, IR is concerned with the systems, rules and procedures used by unions and employers. To determine the reward for effort and other conditions of employment to protect the interests of the employed and their employers, and to employment, regulate the ways in which employers treat their employees Specifically, IR covers the following areas:
- Collective bargaining
- Role of management, unions, and government.
- Machinery for resolution of industrial disputes.
- Individual grievance and disciplinary policy and practice’
- Labour legislation.
- Industrial relations training.
Another related term is ’employee relations’ or ‘human relation’. This term is more comprehensive and includes all those aspects of HRM where employees are dealt with collectively. Human relations include, in addition to IR, such aspects as participative management, employee welfare, employee development, employee remuneration, employee safety and health, and the like.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019