Q. 1) 5 Interesting Facts About YOU:
1) Achievements / Skills / Knowledge:
-Was the Student Head of BMS Dept Intercollegiate Event- INSPIRA.
-Wrote a Paper on “Role of Communication in Personality Development” with three co-authors for a competition.
-Was the Contingent Leader of the college.
-Represented the college during “ E-Summit, 2014” conducted by IIT, Bombay.
-Good at marketing and communication.
2) What is your aim / philosophy of life?
-My aim is to set up an Event Management Firm and my Philosophy is to abide ethical values while achieving professional goals.
3) What are your future plans after BMS?
-My immediate plans include doing MBA from a reputed Institute.
4) What are your hobbies / likes?
-I like to read books; most preferred genre is fiction and write poems. I also like to help organize events at my college.
5) Any dislikes?
-Nothing in particular
Q.2) 5 Fantastic Facts About Your BMS Life:
1) Positive / Negative things about your college?
– Awarded the “Best College- Urban Area” title by University of Mumbai.
– My college includes great faculty, who are available even after college hours to guide you with various co-curricular and encouraging in every aspect. They are ready to listen to your ideas and always up to try out new things, which help students develop.
– Various effective guest lecturers conducted.
– The college is abuzz with activities throughout the year. We are motivated to not only come up with academic events, but also do our CSR by organizing programs for social awareness.
2) Positive / Negative things about your BMS course?
-BMS course often focuses on over-all development of a student, than stressing on academics in particular. It demands you to learn certain skills such as Leadership, Motivation, and Team-Work etc., which are beneficial when working in an organization. If one learns how to balance their time between academics and co-curricular, then they stand to achieve the best of both worlds.
3) How has BMS course helped you to develop your personality? / What did you learn from BMS?
– I have been familiar with Public Speaking since the age of 8. BMS taught me to channelize my experience into an asset by providing opportunities such as Presentations or while marketing during college events, which provides an exposure to the Corporate World. It has helped me understand the necessity of managing time effectively and working in a team.
4) What are the changes you want to bring in the BMS course?
– I am very much comfortable with the way it is now. Maybe making it a 4-year course is an alternative, for considering the growing popularity, this would be a great Professional Course.
5) Share your favorite BMS / college memories?
– My most cherished memory is when I was in my first year. I had signed up for Marketing. Making a call to a Corporate, or going on an appointment to represent your college as a brand is a matter of pride and the experience, though causing initial nervousness, is something truly that a BMS student should have and would enjoy.
– Also, the best college memory would include being the Student Head of an Intercollegiate Event and most certainly, the Industrial Visits.
Q.3) What are the thoughts / advices / tips you would like to give to today’s youngsters?
-Choosing the right course is the first and most important step towards your professional life. If your interest lies in something that others do not share, do not hesitate to consider it. Also, research about the course that you are going to take up and see whether it will have a scope in the Work Environment. Passion alone is not enough to land you a job, but it is very much essential for you to want to excel. Find something that balances out both. When you near your graduation, the only thing to see when you look back is loads of memories and experience, which will guide you to a bright future.
- Interview with Mohit Kothari, Best BMS Class Representative, M.C.C. College
- Interview with Prof. Seema Ashar, BMS Coordinator, MCC College
- Interview with Yasha Shrishrimal, TYBMS Topper 2013, Mulund College of Commerce
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019