An interview with Prof. Selvi Nadar, BMS Co-ordinator of
Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College
- Tell us something about yourself
I am an MBA in HR with 1 year of industry experience and 8 years of Teaching experience.
- Tell us something about your college
Our College is managed by Hindi Vidya Prachar Samiti and headed by Principal Dr. Usha Mukundan. It is accredited with the prestigious A grade by NAAC. And was adjudged as the best college by the University of Mumbai. It provides courses in Arts, Commerce and Science, BMS, Bcom in Banking and Insurance , BSc IT, BSC Computer Science, Biotechnology.
- When did you join this profession? What inspired you to chose this line?
I love talking to the students and a passion in teaching inspired me to chose this line.
- As a Coordinator, do you also teach any subjects?
I teach Principles of Management, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship.
- If yes, which subjects you teach and which you love the most?
I love teaching Principles of Management and Human Resource Management.
- How are the roles and responsibilities of a Coordinator different from that of a faculty?
Apart from taking lectures, the Co-ordinator has to take care of the administrative work also.
- Do you like being a Faculty or a Coordinator? Which helps you to connect more with students?
Both, as both helps in connecting the students.
- Who in your life has influenced the most?
Prof. Saraswati Unni, my teacher has influenced my life the most.
- What should BMS/Management education mean to a student?
It means just a degree for them which shouldn’t be the case.
- Tell us something about your college fests/events and extra-curricular activities?
We organize Kshitij which is an academic event for which we identify a theme every year and based on the theme identified we invite speakers and also organize some intercollegiate events like preparing a Business Plan, Window Display, Business Quiz, AD O Maniacs.
Do you believe that it should be made compulsory for students to manage both studies and be a part of college fests/events?
Yes that helps them to hone their organizing skills
Tell us something about your college students’ performances?
My students are the best
What are your future plans for the college?
That’s taken care by the higher authorities
As a person, what is your mission/aim in life?
After few years want to get into social work
Does your college provide any placement assistance to BMS students?
What are the prospects after BMS?
They are at par with MMS students
What message would you like to give to BMS students?
You guys have got a very good opportunity so grab it and make full use
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019