Interview with Kavita R. Gorantala, TYBMS Sem 5 Topper 2013-14, Birla Institute of Management Studies, Kalyan who scored 77% and GPA Score – 6.87
How does it feel to be a Topper in the university exams? Whom will you credit your success to? What was your success mantra?
– It feels very awesome to be a topper of university exam. I would like to give all credit to ‘my parents and my gurus’. My success mantra is ‘to believe in oneself and just practice, practice and practice till you succeed’.
Did you prepare any timetable and please share your study strategy/exam tips to crack each subject of sem 5?
– I haven’t prepared any timetable for studies. It was enough to study for 2 hours a day with full concentration. But practical subjects must be done everyday at least for half an hour.
Do you think BMS student require coaching classes or is self-study enough? Had you joined any coaching class for a particular subject?
– Yeah, I joined coaching classes for practical subjects. Joining BMS coaching classes are necessary for weak subjects like practical.
What was your specialization subject? Why did you opt for it?
– My specialization subject was Finance. I opted for it because I want be professor of finance studies.
Can you list the textbooks you referred for all subjects?
– I referred all the textbooks of Vipul Publications
Which was your worst paper? Why? Which was your best paper? Why?
– My worst paper was Financial Management. Because I got blank as I saw the paper.
And Best paper was Service Sector Management and Special Studies in Finance. Because I done lots of hard work and practice for both the subjects.
Today, we often come across students committing suicide out of failure, depression or tension of exams. What do you have to say about this? Did you use any special techniques for stress management?
– Some sort of meditation and small breaks between study hours are necessary for relaxation. And there should not be any distractions during exam time like messages or phone calls.
The Black Book project contributing a significant part to the percentage, please share the experiences you had during the preparation of the project and how has it benefited you.
– It was the hectic time during Black Book project preparation. But with the support of my project guide Durgesh Sir and my friends, the project made awesome. The experience was good. It gave lots of information and motivated me to make many more projects like this.
Did you pursue any additional courses/ internships alongside BMS? What are your future plans?
– No, I didn’t pursue additional courses or internships alongside BMS. My future plans are to do MBA in HRM and Finance.
Any tips and advises for your juniors?
– First and foremost thing is not to take tension. Mould your weaknesses into strength. Work beyond your capabilities. And do the best for yourself and for your parents.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019