Many employees have the problem of the stress from the top level management to the lower level of sale executive. You might be constantly hearing about how bad stress is for you, it’s damaging your health, jeopardizing your relationships, and hurting your performance. While these risks are real, some research shows that work strain, when managed correctly, can actually have a positive impact on productivity and performance. So how can you take the stress you thought was killing you and make it constructive?
1. Recognize the reason behind stress for what it is
The reaction that came out from stress tension in the body, heart racing is an indicator of how much you care about the task you are about to do. How much stress you feel is directly correlated to the importance of the activity. Once you understand worry as an indicator rather than a symptom of not getting productivity or a cause for panic, you can react to it more rationally. Plus, remember that stress is unending.
2. After recognizing, reshape the stress
Once you’ve recognized what worry is, you then need to adjust your mindset. Our brains work much better at positive than at negative, normal level, or stressed. When you are negative and worried, your brain goes into “fight or flight” mode, which limits your ability to think. If you are positive and concerned, then your brain turns to “broaden and creative” thinking which allows you to process more possibilities. Which direction you to achieve your goal.
3. Try to recognize on what you can control
One of the most positive things you can do when faced with worry or anxiety is to remember what you can affect and what you can’t. Far too many people spend time feeling bad about things they simply can’t change.
4. Creating a team of support
Knowing that you have somebody to turn to can help a lot. You may not use this option, but it can be comforting to know it’s there. Build supportive relationships when you’re not stressed. The company you keep also makes a difference. “Surround yourself with the best people so you can grow and can achieve the organizational objective with a creative style”. by Faraz vehvaria
Principles to Remember
- Think of stress as an shape it as that you care about something, rather than a cause for panic
- Focus on the objective, rather than the element of stress
- Build relationships so that you have best people to help you to achieve your goals
Latest posts by faraz.vehvaria (see all)
- How to turn employees stress into productivity - June 30, 2011
- Techniques to retain Employees in the Organization - April 7, 2011
- Mistakes that most of the Companies do! - March 11, 2011