For Special Studies in Marketing,
- Case study is very important and you need to mention relevant examples especially about current products in your answers.
- All the units / chapters are important. Sales promotion, IMC should be prepared well for case study.
Regarding reference books and examples,
- Students should refer to atleast 2 textbooks to write the best answers.
- Students can write answers on their own and not same as in the textbook.
- The more you give relevant examples the better.
- Examples always give extra marks / score.
Don’t miss to check:
- The Complete TY-BMS Sem 5 Study Guides, Strategies, Exam Resources You Shouldn’t Miss!
- TYBMS sem 5 syllabus
- Retail Management Syllabus and Reference Books
- Indian Management Thoughts and Practices Syllabus and Reference Books
Regarding case studies,
- Case study can be written in own words. Your answers to the case study helps the faculty understand if you have understood the concepts or not.
- There is no format to attempt case studies. A student can give his / her opinion to the problems.
Regarding managing time,
- For 15 marks, minimum 2 pages and point-wise answers should be written. After all its quality and not quantity that gives marks.
- Per question a) and b) 12 to 15 minutes for theory question.
- For Case study, 15 minutes is enough.
All the best for your exams!
By Prof. Deepa Makkad