The evaluation of your TYBMS project has to be completed not later than 20 days after the conduct of the last examination of Semester 5. University has declared that it will display the schedule for evaluation of the projects alongwith the external examiners.
Here we are sharing with you the evaluation guidelines of your 200 marks TYBMS projects: (as per the circular available on the university website since October 2013)
1) The hard copy of the TYBMS project will carry 100 marks, 50 marks is given for Presentation and 50 marks is allotted for Viva examination.
2) As per norms, TYBMS student has to obtain minimum 40% of the marks in the internal assessment and semester end examination i.e. 32 out of 80 and 48 out of 120 marks respectively to pass in the subject.
3) The hard copy of the TYBMS project will be jointly evaluated by the internal guide for 30 marks and the external examiner for 70 marks.
4) Presentation will be evaluated by the internal guide for 50 marks. Viva voce examination of 50 marks will be conducted by external examiner in presence of the internal guide. However, the marks will be allotted by the external examiner only.
5) The marks obtained by the TYBMS student for the project will not be disclosed to the student before the declaration of the result.
6) The marks allotted by the internal guide will be treated as Internal Assessment and the evaluation by the external examiner will be treated as Semester end Assessment i.e. External Assessment.
7) The marks thus obtained by the TYBMS student in the project will be graded in the seven point scale as given below:
- O Grade – 140 and above marks – 7 Grade points
- A Grade – 120 to 139.99 marks – 6 Grade Points
- B Grade – 110 to 119.99 marks – 5 Grade Points
- C Grade – 100 to 109.99 marks – 4 Grade Points
- D Grade – 90 to 99.00 marks – 3 Grade Points
- E Grade – 80 to 89.99 marks – 2 Grade Points
- F (Fail) Grade – 79.99 and below marks – 1 Grade Point.
8) The marks obtained by the TYBMS student and the corresponding grade must be communicated to the Controller of Examinations, University of Mumbai by the college authorities in the format prescribed, within 3 days of the conduct of the project evaluation.
9) The external examiner is expected to spend atleast 10 minutes for every TYBMS student to evaluate the hard copy of the project and conduct of the Viva Voce.
10) External examiner and Internal guide should not assess more than 30 projects per day (for all courses taken together).
11) The remuneration payable to the Internal Guide and External Examiner shall be as prescribed by the university.
12) The external examiner shall be appointed by the authorities concerned of University of Mumbai.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019