Functions of Export Inspection Council
- To advise the government regarding measures for enforcement of quality control and inspection in relation to commodities intended for export.
- To make arrangements for voluntary pre-shipment inspection of commodities not covered by the compulsory inspection.
In process quality control is the responsibility of concerned manufactures and they are expected to take necessary precautions in this regards. The EIC only ensures that adequate controls are exercised by periodic inspection and testing of export consignment at random. In addition, the EIC may recognize a manufacturing unit as an “export worthy unit” only after ensuring that the unit is adequately supported with the facilities for the enforcement of the quality control fixed by the Council. Such export worthy unit is eligible to obtain certificate of quality control and inspection for their export consignments without physical inspection of their consignments. Exports worthy units are given self certification status by EIC. Naturally, such units are allowed to export without quality inspection by an outside agency. The EIC also keeps watch on such export worthy units through periodical surprise visits.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019