Personal selling involves selling through a person-to-person communication process.
Importance of personal selling;
- Allowing for two-way interaction.
- Tailoring of the message.
- Lack of distraction.
- Involvement in the decision process.
- Source of research information.
- To attract latent & passive customers.
- To retain habitual & loyal customers.
- To help at the trade sell the company’s product line.
- To act as a technical consultant for complex products.
- To help the trade in their administrative problems.
- To motivate trade to keep our product line in stock.