VALUES Vs. SKILLS
- To ‘become’ we need values. To ‘do’ we need skills.
- ‘Becoming ‘ (needing values) must preceed ‘doing’ (needing skills) in value- oriented management. Values act as base of skills.
- Values are the means of perfection. Skills must have sound system of values as the base. Otherwise one can manipulate skills e.g. communication. Skills may be misused for manipulating men, money and materials if management ignores values.
- Values are internal; dealing with internal development of a person, purifying mind and heart. The person becomes good in thought, in speech, in action, job or work. Skills only make a person proficient. Values are the means of perfection of personality.
- The field of values is governed by union, holism and relatedness. The area ruled by skills is division, fragmentation and separation.
- Values bring about excellence and universal good i.e. soft-ware aspect. Skills see us through mechanics of management i.e., hard- ware aspect. Both means and ends must have values.
- Skills are not enduring due to fatigue. Values are enduring.
Skills change with passage of time. Policy is flexible. Principles and values are not. We have permanent fundamental values.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019