Distinction between Work sampling and “Time Studies”
- Work sampling is lower cost because it uses random samples instead of continuous observations.
- Many operators or machines can be studied by a single observer
- Work sampling can span several days or weeks, thus minimizing the effects of day to day load or equipment variations
- Work Sampling tends to minimize operator behavior modification during observation.
- Work Sampling, in general, does not require a trained time-study analyst to take the observations. Also, stopwatches or other timing devices are not required. Many studies make use of off-shift technicians or operators to take the observations.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019