Differential pricing in the hospital industry happens
- Externally (between 2 hospitals)
- Internally (within a hospital)
Between two hospitals, even to provide the same treatment, the prices differ. Even though the operation to be done might be the same, pricing differs due to the kind of service provided pre and post operation. Cost is associated with the kind of service you provide, and so the hospital is bound to charge the patient for it.
There is a price differentiation even between the two wards of the same hospital. There is difference between the general ward and special ward where the rooms are air-conditioned and extra services are provided. Thus the pricing would be different. Even the doctors visiting fees/consultation charges are different. Sometimes if the patient is very poor then the doctor may halve his fees.
In a hospital the process is divided into the following phases:
- The joining phase,
- The intensive consumption phase, and
- The detachment phase and feedback.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019