- According to Dale Yoder, “Recruitment is a process to discover the sources of manpower to meet the requirements of the staffing schedule and to employ effective measures for attracting that manpower in adequate numbers to facilitate effective selection of an efficient workforce.”
- According to Edwin B. Flippo, “Recruitment is the process of searching for prospective employees and stimulating them to apply for jobs in the organization.”
These definitions can be analysed by discussing the processes of recruitment through systems approach.
Recruitment means to estimate the available vacancies and to make suitable arrangements for their selection and appointment. In the recruitment process, the available vacancies are given wide publicity and suitable candidates are encouraged to submit applications so as to have a pool of eligible candidates for scientific selection.
In recruitment, information is collected from interested candidates. For this different source of recruitment such as newspaper advertisement, Employment exchanges, internal promotions, etc. are used. In the recruitment, a pool of eligible and interested candidates is created for the selection of most suitable, candidates. Recruitment represents the first contact that a company makes with potential employees.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019