UBMSFSII.6 : Computer Applications in Business
[50 lectures: 3 Credit]
The objective of the course is,
- To introduce computer applications in Business environment.
- To introduce DBMS & Web Designing concepts.
- To familiarize students with the concepts & developments in MIS & E-commerce.
|Unit||DBMS using MS-access||13|
|1||1.||Database basics ,|
|2.||Working with database,|
|3.||Creating database tables,|
|4.||Entering data in a table,|
|6.||Quering in a database,|
|8.||Common corporate Database management systems|
|Unit||Web Designing Using HTML||13|
|2||1.||Evolution of HTML|
|2.||Concept of Hyper Text, Tags|
|3.||Structure of an HTML file|
|4.||Basic Tags <head>, <title>, <body>, <h1> to <h6>, <p>, <b>|
|5.||Formatting text – logical and Physical tags|
|7.||Creating Lists and Tables|
|8.||Adding graphics with and without text, alignment|
|9.||Creating links internal and External, mail links|
|3||1.||Definition ,Difference between E-commerce and E-business|
|3.||Features of E-commerce (Advertising)|
|4.||Types of E-commerce (B2C, B2B, C2C, P2P)|
|5.||Business Models in E-Commerce (Revenue, Advertising|
|Subscription, Transaction Fee, Sales Revenue, Affiliate Revenue)|
|6.||Major B2c models (Portal, E tailer, Content Provider Transaction|
|Broker, Market Creator, Service provider, Community provider).|
|7.||E-commerce Security: Integrity, Non Repudiation, Authenticity,|
|Confidentiality, privacy, Availability.|
|8.||Encryption: Definition, Symmetric Key Encryption, DES (Data|
|Encryption Standard, PKI (Public Key infrastructure) Signatures.|
|Digital signatures. SSL.|
|9.||Payment Systems: Digital Cash, Online stored value digital|
|accumulating balance payment, Digital credit accounts, digital|
|10.||How an Online credit card transaction works SET protocol|
|11.||Limitation of E-commerce.|
|4||MIS- definition, nature & scope|
|MIS characteristics, functions|
|Structure of MIS, role of MIS|
|MIS as a control system, process of management|
|Application of MIS|
|Implementation & evaluation of MIS|
|ERP -What is ERP? What are its advantages?|
- Introduction to Computers Peter Norton ,,Sixth Edition McGrawHill
- Computer Fundamentals – P.K Sinha ( B.P.B publication )
- Fundamentals of Computer – V.Rajaramanna ( Prentice Hall )
- Computers and Commonsense Hunt, J. Shelley ,Prentice Hall of India
- Fundamentals of Information Technology, A and Leon M,Leon,Vikas 2002
- A first Course in Computers, Saxena, Sanjay, Vikas Publishing 1998
- Fundamentals of Information Technology, Bharioke, Deepak Excel Book, 2000
- Learning Web Design A Beginners Guide HTML, Graphics and Beyond Jennifer Niederst O Reilly Press
- ECommerce Kenneth C Laudon, Carol Traver Pearson Education
- ECommerce Awad Pearson Hall India
- HTML Black Book Steven Holzner Dream Tech Press
- Managing with Information Jerome Kanter Prentice Hall India
- ERPA Managerial Perspective Sadagopan Tata Mcgraw Hill
- Computer in Business – Sanders D – McGraw Hill
- Computers and Information Management – S C Bhatnagar & V Ramant – Prentice Hall
- Internet for Business – Brummer, Lavrej – Cambridge
Suggested List of Practicals:
- To demonstrate use of formatting tags, adding images.
- Working with ordered & unordered list.
- Working with tables.
- To demonstrate use of hyper Links.
- To design webpages using frames.
- To design web forms.
- Creating database & tables, entering data in a table, sorting records.
- Querying in a database.
- To create screen/form layout.
- Generating reports.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019