• When used in a market research context, “Attributes” are simply properties of a given product, brand, service, advertisement or any object of interest.
• Much brand and market research is targeted at understanding the most significant and powerful attributes of a product/service/brand or product/service/brand class.
• A product, service, or brand can have many attributes including cost, value for money, prestige, taste, usability, liking (“affect”) and a wide range of image or personality attributes. To use one very common example, the car or “automobile” brand class can sometimes include attributes such as prestige, cost, reliability, exclusivity, availability, type (e.g. sporty, family, luxury) and country of origin.
• Usually a client wishes to measure their product or brand as perceived by target markets along several attributes they see important to the brand. If they are in a competitive market, they also sometimes need to know how they rate against competing offerings.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019