ADVANTAGES OF EXPERIMENTATION METHOD:
(1) Experimentation method of data collection is useful when the problem to be solved is clearly defined and the dependent or independent variables are clearly marked.
(2) Experimentation method enables the marketers to take quick decision in the marketing field as the marketing problems are better understood and an insight is available due to experimentation.
(3) One major benefit of experimentation method is its realism. It enables actual market test and simulates actual market situation. It suggests remedies which are extremely useful and effective.
(4) Experimentation method provides unbiased feedback on how the product and marketing strategy will help the firm penetrate the market.
Experimentation method of MR can be applied most suitably to certain problems like training and remuneration of salesmen, shelf display arrangements, package designs and advertising copy. Experimental marketing (test marketing) can be used to study the effect of certain sales promotion techniques such as premium, brand, package design and colour combination. The use of lengthy experimental methods is limited in India. This is due to heavy cost involved in them. Many companies now select smaller towns like Pune or Indore for test marketing. Certain techniques, such as split-run for evaluating alternative advertising copy are also used to a considerable extent in India.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019