Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata is the founder of the TATA group. An Indian philanthropist and entrepreneur, his ambitions lead India into the league of industrialized countries.
Here are 5 inspirational quotes from this Indian pioneer industrialist.
1) “Freedom without the strength to support it and, if need be, defend it, would be a cruel delusion. And the strength to defend freedom can itself only come from widespread industrialisation and the infusion of modern science and technology into the country’s economic life.”
2) “In a free enterprise the community is not just another stakeholder in the business but in fact the very existence of it.”
3) “There is one kind of charity common enough among us… It is that patchwork philanthropy which clothes the ragged, feeds the poor, and heals the sick. I am far from decrying the noble spirit which seeks to help a poor or suffering fellow being….”
4) “Be sure to lay wide streets planted with shady trees, every other of a quick-growing variety. Be sure that there is plenty of space for lawns and gardens. Reserve large areas for football, hockey and parks. Earmark areas for Hindu temples, Mohammedan mosques and Christian churches.” — Jamsetji Tata in a letter to son Dorab about his vision for the township that would eventually become Jamshedpur.
5) “With honest and straight forward business principles, close and careful attention to details and the ability to take advantage of favourable opportunities and circumstances, there is scope for success.”
Latest posts by Ancy (see all)
- Bruce Jenner In A Car Crash – One Person Dead - February 9, 2015
- 57th Annual Grammy Awards – Red Carpet Disasters - February 9, 2015
- Haven’t Taken An Health Insurance Yet? Here Are 5 Important Benefits Of Having An Health Coverage - February 7, 2015