We all have watched Disney movies at some or the other point in our life and we love all magical things taking place in the movie. There are some facts about these movies which might change how we view these classics.
- The Black Cauldron was Disney’s first animated film to get a PG rating.
- With a total of only 18 whole lines, Princess Aurora is the Disney Princess with the least amount of dialogues.
- One minute of The Nightmare Before Christmas required an entire week of filming.
- Alicia Keys actually auditioned three times for the role of Princess Tiana.
- Sleeping Beauty’s Prince Phillip was named after Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, who is the husband of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Bernard from The Rescuers suffers from triskaidekaphobia, or fear of the number 13.
- Disney was sued by a biologist for the “defamation of hyenas” in the Lion King.
- Beauty and the Beast was the first ever animated film to be nominated for an Oscar for Best Film.
- Rapunzel’s 70 feet of golden hair consisted of more than 100,000 individual strands.
- The original title for Emperor’s New Groove was “Kingdom of the Sun”.
- Walt Disney played Peter Pan in a school play.
- In 101 Dalmatians Pongo has 72 spots, and Perdita has 68.
- Wreck It Ralph has 180 unique characters. For comparison, Tangled had 64.
- The Black Cauldron was Disney’s first animated feature to use CGI.
- Pride Rock and the Gorge in The Lion King are modelled after Hell’s Gate National Park in Kenya.
- Basically all the Disney characters make surprise appearances in one another’s films.
- Pumbaa is the first Disney character to ever fart.
- Christian Bale voiced the character of Thomas in
- Frozen’s co-director, Jennifer Lee, is the first female to direct a Disney animated movie.
- The people who voiced Minnie and Mickey Mouse were married in real life.
- Aladdin’s face was modelled after Tom Cruise’s.
Wow it’s so amazing to know that there were so many facts about Disney movie we all were unaware about.