Eliezer “Elie” Wiesel KBE is a Romanian-born Jewish-American professor and political activist. He is the author of 57 books, including Night, a work based on his experiences as a prisoner in the Auschwitz, Buna, and Buchenwald concentration camps.
Quotes of Elie Wiesel :
1. I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
2. There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
3. I would like to see real peace and a state of Israel living peacefully alongside a state of Palestine.
4. We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
5. I decided to devote my life to telling the story because I felt that having survived I owe something to the dead. and anyone who does not remember betrays them again.
6. When a person doesn’t have gratitude, something is missing in his or her humanity.
7. In the concentration camps, we discovered this whole universe where everyone had his place. The killer came to kill, and the victims came to die.
8. That I survived the Holocaust and went on to love beautiful girls, to talk, to write, to have toast and tea and live my life – that is what is abnormal.
9. I have not lost faith in God. I have moments of anger and protest. Sometimes I’ve been closer to him for that reason.
10. Human beings should be held accountable. Leave God alone. He has enough problems.
By Shweta Tiwari
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019