Wiping out Inflationary Gap
The inflationary gap can be wiped out in various ways. Essentially, it starts with additional expenditure by the government, which in turn calls for additional expenditure by the community. Through economy in government expenditure, the excess of aggregate demand can be reduced. However, this is not always possible in practice, as government expenditure cannot be cut down during wartime or period of economic development. To remove this inflationary gap. various methods can be adopted, such as:
- There can be a rise ill voluntary saving by the community.
- The government may use the tax system to mop up the surplus purchasing power with people; this will reduce C + I by the same amount as the increase in government expenditure.
- The output of goods and services may be increased so as to absorb the excess demand.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019