- Straight extension means introducing the product in the foreign market without any change. The CO. must however determine whether the formers in the foreign country use that product or not. Such a strategy has been successful with cameras, consumer electronics, machine tools etc. This strategy is advantageous since it involves no additional R & D expenses or promotional modification.
- Product Adaptation involves altering the product to meet local conditions or preferences.. There are various levels of adaptation. A company can produce a regional version of its product such as north Indian, South Indian or can produce a country version., retailer versions while products are frequently adapted to local tastes and preferences, in some cases they must be adapted to local superstitious and beliefs –Feng Shui.
- Product invention:- Consists of creating something new. Background invention is reintroducing earlier product forms that are well adapted to a foreign country’s needs. Forward invention is creating a new product to meet the needs of another country. There is an enormous need in less developed countries for less-cost, high protein and co’s as Quaker Gats Swift and Monsanto ate researching over new formulas.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019