The word strategy comes from ancient Greece. A strategos,’ as an army general, and his post was a strategia. Over time, strategia came to mean the craft of generalship instead of just the job. The word spread to French as stratigie and then to English as “strategy” in 1980
Some of the definitions in use to
Which Steiner pointed, include the following:
1. Strategy is that which top management does that is of great importance to the
2. Strategy refers to basic directional decisions, that is, to purposes and missions.
3. Strategy consists of the important actions necessary to realize these directions.
4. Strategy answers the question: what should the organisation be doing?
5. Strategy answers the question: what are the ends we seek and how should we achieve