Importance of code of discipline in industry.
To maintain discipline in industry the main objectives of code are:-
- Maintaining peace and order in industry.
- Recognize the rights and responsibility of each other.
- It prohibits strikes and lock-outs.
- Facilitating a free growth of trade unions.
- Settlements of disputes
- Union will discourage of duty damage to property, careless operation in subordination and other unfair labour practices on the part of workers.
- Avoiding work stoppages in industry.
Thus the code of discipline consists of three sets of principles – Obligation to be observed by management, obligation to be observed by trade unions.
Code of discipline has been helpful in improving industrial relation in the country. The code of discipline is a major step in establishing orderly atmosphere in the industrial unit.