Moral suasion refers to the persuasive approach of the central bank towards the commercial banks in making the latter follow and implements the policies of the former. Though the central bank is empowered to take direct action on the erring or violating commercial banks, yet it exercises that option only rarely. In its place, the central bank takes efforts to explain to the commercial banks the need for following certain policies. This is done either through periodical conference with commercial banks, or by appealing to the sentiments of the commercial banks. In effect this method aims at bringing to commercial banks into line through use of moral force instead of resorting to the legal powers. It should be noted that this method has no legal back up or support. It is merely applied using the conventional relationship between the commercial banks and the central bank. It has been quite successful in countries like UK, France, Holland and others. But it has not been very effective in USA under the unit banking system. In India, the RBI has found this to be very effective as there exists a very cordial relationship between the central bank and commercial banks. Of course, the success of this policy depends on the prestige, influence and leadership of the central bank Further since it has no legal back up in times of credit expansion it is not effective.What is moral suasion? by BMS Team
You are here: Home > What is moral suasion?
What is moral suasion?
About BMS TeamWe, at BMS.co.in, believe in sharing knowledge and giving quality information to our BMS students. We are here to provide and update you with every details required by you BMSites! If you want to join us, please mail to [email protected]
Register or Login on BMS
Subscribe to BMS News :
- True Facts of TYBMS Results 2011! July 31, 2011
- FAQs about TYBMS Results! July 30, 2011
- TYBMS Sem 5 Revised Examination Timetable 2012 August 22, 2012
- FYBMS 2012 Cut-off Analysis for BMS Colleges May 27, 2012
- Appeal regarding Financial Management exam to Mumbai University November 27, 2013
- Entrepreneurship Management Important Question Bank 2014 – Shreya Classes April 23, 2014
- Indian Management Thoughts & Practices Important Question Bank 2014 – Shreya Classes April 23, 2014
- International Marketing Important Question Bank 2014 – Shreya Classes April 23, 2014
- B.L. Amlani College Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management Prelims Question Paper 2014 April 23, 2014
- B.L. Amlani College Operations Research Prelims Question Paper 2014 April 23, 2014
- sandeep: Excelent...
- 60 minute stamina download free: This made me a little sad, mostly as a result of h...
- yash kumar: very nice good one...
- kamesh: hw many list r goin to cm my revaluation result is...
- jual gitar: Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of th...
2010-11 2011 Aeman Waghoo bank BMS business chrysallis college company education event events exam exams fantasies finance fybms hinduja college human India Khushaal Talreja life management marketing mba mumbai nexus question reena mehta college resource results sapphire schedule sem 5 sem 6 sies sion student success SYBMS Gyan syllabus talaash tips TYBMS Gyan udaan
Fresher Biz Dev + Sales & Marketing
at Tigri Innovations Pvt Ltd
Location: Mumbai, The Playce, 1st Floor, Marathon Maxima, Next to Nirmal Lifestyle, Mulund-W, Mumbai-400080, India
Direct Dialogue Recruiter / Fundraiser
at Greenpeace India
Location: Mumbai, India
Associate Editor / Tech Writer @PriceBaba
Location: Mumbai (Andheri), India
Summer Internships @ 3HD Media for MBA/BMS/BMM/BBA /BE/ B-TECH/ BCA across India
Location: Anywhere, India
Senior Executive Talent Sourcing
at BizOzone Pvt Ltd
Location: Mumbai, India
Follow @bms_ on Twitter