Moral suasion refers to the persuasive approach of the central bank towards the commercial banks in making the latter follow and implements the policies of the former. Though the central bank is empowered to take direct action on the erring or violating commercial banks, yet it exercises that option only rarely. In its place, the central bank takes efforts to explain to the commercial banks the need for following certain policies. This is done either through periodical conference with commercial banks, or by appealing to the sentiments of the commercial banks. In effect this method aims at bringing to commercial banks into line through use of moral force instead of resorting to the legal powers. It should be noted that this method has no legal back up or support. It is merely applied using the conventional relationship between the commercial banks and the central bank. It has been quite successful in countries like UK, France, Holland and others. But it has not been very effective in USA under the unit banking system. In India, the RBI has found this to be very effective as there exists a very cordial relationship between the central bank and commercial banks. Of course, the success of this policy depends on the prestige, influence and leadership of the central bank Further since it has no legal back up in times of credit expansion it is not effective.What is moral suasion? by BMS Team
You are here: Home > What is moral suasion?
What is moral suasion?
About BMS TeamWe, at BMS.co.in, believe in sharing knowledge and giving quality information to our BMS students. We are here to provide and update you with every details required by you BMSites! If you want to join us, please mail to [email protected]
Register or Login on BMS
- True Facts of TYBMS Results 2011! July 31, 2011
- FAQs about TYBMS Results! July 30, 2011
- TYBMS Sem 5 Revised Examination Timetable 2012 August 22, 2012
- FYBMS 2012 Cut-off Analysis for BMS Colleges May 27, 2012
- Appeal regarding Financial Management exam to Mumbai University November 27, 2013
- Eligibility Criteria for CSIR UGC NET 2014 July 30, 2014
- CSIR UGC NET December 2014 Exam Important Dates July 30, 2014
- GBSHSE Class 12th October Exam Important Dates 2014 July 30, 2014
- Combined Defense Services Examination (CDS 2014) Important Dates July 30, 2014
- Office of the District Judge (ODJ), Khurda Recruitment 2014 for 145 Posts July 30, 2014
- Lyncia: hey... i am a TYBMS student and my topic is brand ...
- mahesh: results are not declared yet for icl clg vashi.. ...
- sulekha: mam : i would like to bring in to your kind notic...
- Sagar Poojari: very rightly said, Aishwarya.. we hardly take safe...
- nidhi: so well said i completely agree with you.. this my...
2010-11 2010-11 2011 awesome bank best BMS bollywood business cinema college education entrepreneur events exam fantasies fashion fifa fybms health human India Khushaal Talreja life love management marketing mba movie movies mumbai music narendra modi question results sem 5 sem 6 sies sports student SYBMS Gyan tips travel TYBMS Gyan youth
Business Development Executive
at Blues N Coppers Events Pvt. Ltd.
Location: Mumbai (Bandra), India
Business Generation Executive
at Inf Solution
Location: Mumbai Central, Tardeo, India
at Maharashtra TV
Location: Mumbai (Andheri), India
Excellent Social Media interns
Location: Mumbai, India
Social Contest Head
Location: Work from Home, India