Moral suasion refers to the persuasive approach of the central bank towards the commercial banks in making the latter follow and implements the policies of the former. Though the central bank is empowered to take direct action on the erring or violating commercial banks, yet it exercises that option only rarely. In its place, the central bank takes efforts to explain to the commercial banks the need for following certain policies. This is done either through periodical conference with commercial banks, or by appealing to the sentiments of the commercial banks. In effect this method aims at bringing to commercial banks into line through use of moral force instead of resorting to the legal powers. It should be noted that this method has no legal back up or support. It is merely applied using the conventional relationship between the commercial banks and the central bank. It has been quite successful in countries like UK, France, Holland and others. But it has not been very effective in USA under the unit banking system. In India, the RBI has found this to be very effective as there exists a very cordial relationship between the central bank and commercial banks. Of course, the success of this policy depends on the prestige, influence and leadership of the central bank Further since it has no legal back up in times of credit expansion it is not effective.What is moral suasion? by BMS Team
You are here: Home > What is moral suasion?
What is moral suasion?
About BMS TeamWe, at BMS.co.in, believe in sharing knowledge and giving quality information to our BMS students. We are here to provide and update you with every details required by you BMSites! If you want to join us, please mail to [email protected]
Register or Login on BMS
- True Facts of TYBMS Results 2011! July 31, 2011
- FAQs about TYBMS Results! July 30, 2011
- 10 Cool Superb Group Admin Jokes, Trolls, Funny Status For WhatsApp, Facebook June 11, 2014
- TYBMS Sem 5 Revised Examination Timetable 2012 August 22, 2012
- FYBMS 2012 Cut-off Analysis for BMS Colleges May 27, 2012
- Top Stories of 22nd December 2014 You Shouldn’t Miss To Read! December 21, 2014
- The Best Scenic Places Which Are A Must To See December 21, 2014
- Why Is It Important To Have Your Own Fashion, Trend & Style? December 21, 2014
- Dawoodi Bohras: A Sobriquet of Peace December 21, 2014
- 10 Reasons Why Arranged Marriages Are Better Than Love December 21, 2014
- Dinesh kumar: Add me my number is +919723003063...
- Top Stories of 22nd December 2014 You Shouldn’t Miss To Read! | BMS.co.in :: Bachelor of Management Studies: […] The Best Scenic Places Which Are A Must ...
- Top Stories of 22nd December 2014 You Shouldn’t Miss To Read! | BMS.co.in :: Bachelor of Management Studies: […] One More Year To Stay Alive For Movie-Go...
- Top Stories of 21st December 2014 You Shouldn’t Miss To Read! | BMS.co.in :: Bachelor of Management Studies: […] 7 Accessories A College Girl Must Have F...
- Merry Christmas Wishes: Having read this I thought it was very informative...
2010-11 2010-11 2011 2014 amazing BMS business college entrepreneur exams facebook facts fashion Free download fybms Google Plus images India interviews Leader leadership life management meaning movie mumbai Mumbai Colleges Myspace november photos pictures Pinterest Practice Questions Prelims Papers Question Papers quotes sem 5 SYBMS tips trending trends TYBMS TYBMS Gyan Wallpapers whatsapp
Location: Work from Home, India
at Essel Infraprojects Ltd
Location: Vidyavihar, India
Excellent Job For Intern and Permanent placements in Multiple fields and functions
at Ross Warner Hr Solutions
Location: Vikhroli West, India
at Zobble Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Location: Mumbai Malad West, India
Online Advertising Sales Executive
Location: Borivali, Mumbai, India