Moral suasion refers to the persuasive approach of the central bank towards the commercial banks in making the latter follow and implements the policies of the former. Though the central bank is empowered to take direct action on the erring or violating commercial banks, yet it exercises that option only rarely. In its place, the central bank takes efforts to explain to the commercial banks the need for following certain policies. This is done either through periodical conference with commercial banks, or by appealing to the sentiments of the commercial banks. In effect this method aims at bringing to commercial banks into line through use of moral force instead of resorting to the legal powers. It should be noted that this method has no legal back up or support. It is merely applied using the conventional relationship between the commercial banks and the central bank. It has been quite successful in countries like UK, France, Holland and others. But it has not been very effective in USA under the unit banking system. In India, the RBI has found this to be very effective as there exists a very cordial relationship between the central bank and commercial banks. Of course, the success of this policy depends on the prestige, influence and leadership of the central bank Further since it has no legal back up in times of credit expansion it is not effective.What is moral suasion? by BMS Team
You are here: Home > What is moral suasion?
What is moral suasion?
About BMS TeamWe, at BMS.co.in, believe in sharing knowledge and giving quality information to our BMS students. We are here to provide and update you with every details required by you BMSites! If you want to join us, please mail to [email protected]
- True Facts of TYBMS Results 2011! July 31, 2011
- FAQs about TYBMS Results! July 30, 2011
- TYBMS Sem 5 Revised Examination Timetable 2012 August 22, 2012
- FYBMS 2012 Cut-off Analysis for BMS Colleges May 27, 2012
- EXAMINATION PROCESS & A.T.K.T. RULES OF B.M.S. August 19, 2011
- International Finance Syllabus and Reference Books December 4, 2013
- Operation Research Syllabus and Reference Books December 4, 2013
- Entrepreneurship Management Syllabus and Reference Books December 4, 2013
- How to choose elective subjects in TYBMS Sem 6? December 4, 2013
- Revised Subjects of TYBMS Sem 6 (Academic Year 2013-14) December 4, 2013
- vipin deshmukh: Paper was not tough at all. Its only conceptual an...
- Felicia Angela Lobo: The paper was too tough and maximum people had a p...
- Judy K: perfect...
- Koojo enoth: Good information...
- swati: paper was too tuff, the university have to give gr...
2010-11 2011 Aeman Waghoo bank BMS business chrysallis college company education event events exam exams fantasies finance fybms hinduja college human India Khushaal Talreja life management marketing mba mumbai nexus question reena mehta college resource results sapphire schedule sem 5 sem 6 sies sion student success SYBMS Gyan syllabus talaash tips TYBMS Gyan udaan
Follow @bms_ on Twitter