TYPES OF EMPLOYMENT TESTS
Use of employment tests is fairly widespread in personnel selection. Such tests provides a systematic basis for comparing performances, personality traits, intelligence, The various tests are :
1. Performance Test : This test tries to measure the performance of candidates in respect of a certain job. Such test is specially designed to measure specific skills and knowledge required for a job. For example, a letter drafting test can help to judge the communication skills of the candidate.
2. Personality Test : It is conducted to judge maturity, social or inter-personal skills, behaviour under stress and strain, etc. This test is very much essential in case of selection of sales force, public relations staff, etc., where personality plays an important role.
3. Aptitude Test : It helps to judge specific talent or ability to acquire a particular skill. Some people have good talents or aptitude for selling, others for accounting, and so on. This type attest helps the company to select the right candidate who is best suited for the job.
4. Interest Test : This test is conducted to find out likes and dislikes of candidates towards occupations, hobbies, etc. Such tests indicate which occupations are more in line with a person’s interest. Such tests also enable the company to provide vocational guidance to the selected candidates and even to the existing employees.
5. Intelligence Test : These tests help to evaluate traits of intelligence. Mental ability, presence of mind (alertness), numerical ability, memory and such other aspects can be measured. Such tests are used for admission to MBA courses, recruitment for executive positions in banks and other organisations.
6. Projective Test : This test requires interpretation of problems or situations. For example, a photograph or a picture can be shown to the candidates and they are asked to give their views, and opinions about the picture.
7. General Knowledge Test : Now-a-days, G.K. Tests are very common to find general awareness of the candidates in the field of sports, politics, world affairs, current affairs, etc.
8. Perception Test : At times, perception test can be conducted to find out beliefs, attitudes, etc., of the candidates towards certain objects, matter, etc.
Latest posts by MT UVA BMS (see all)
- International Finance Important Question Bank – MT UVA BMS - May 5, 2014
- Special Studies in Finance Chapter-wise Important Sums for practice - November 25, 2013
- Operations Research Important Questions 2013 – MT UVA BMS - April 22, 2013