1. Sales Force Management:
The Sales Manager checks the sources of recruitment and sets the standards for selections. The sales manager must provide training to new employees in such a manner that the high level of performance is achieved in short possible time.
2. Maintain Relations:
The sales manager must maintain the internal and external relations of sales department with the departments of other companies or units as well as within the organisation. The sales manager develop & maintain effective working relations with sales, training & other key personnel as well as with the customers to ensure that the effort is beneficial to both the parties.
The sales manager should establish a system of communication with other sales personnel that keep them informed of overall department’s sales objectives, results & problems. It also keeps the sale manager informed about their needs & problems.
The sales manager must consult with the production manager time to time because they are closely related with the sales needs. The sales manager reviews the revenues & expenses of the company and checks the actual sale and compare it with the corrective action may be taken in time. So, the sales manager maintain the proper balance of time spent on various activities and keeps a check on the activities of the sales force.
The sales manager establishes an effective plan of organisation an d methods of controlling the activities of members, so that the work will be completed in time. The activities are identified & grouped and hence assigned to individuals responsible for selling a given product.
On the basis of above observations we can say that:
- The sales manager must keep a close watch over the market to meet the competition.
- The selection criteria should be in such a way that good employees are recruited.
- Sales management is the management of the executives responsible for the sale of the product.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019