DICTATION has certain faults if it is not properly delivered which is evident from the complaints received from secretaries who get the dictation. Such faults may arise from careless handling of the situation by the executives.
However, some specific faults may be traced in the following points:
1. Lack of proper enunciation.
2. Lack of patient hearing.
3. Lack of care by the person giving dictation.
4. Lack of interpretation by the person getting dictation.
There is no specific suggestion to stop definite mistakes. In any case, the situation of dictation can improve if the following points are taken into consideration.
a) Dictation should be given from an outline well prepared.
b) Enunciate clearly in words and figures.
c) Spell unusual words, names and sounds.
d) Dictate special instructions in the beginning.
e) Dictate punctuation, paragraphs, and quotations.
f) Dictate at normal rate with ease.
g) Dictate less and delegate more.
h) Get prepared to interpret properly.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019