An interviewer asking questions generally face-to-face to other persons conducts personal interview. This sort of interview may be in the form of direct personal investigation or it may be an indirect oral investigation. This method is particularly suitable for intensive investigations.
- It can be quite expensive method, especially when large and widespread geographical sample is taken.
- Possibility of bias of interviewer and respondent is maximum.
- Certain respondents such as important officials cannot be approachable under this method.
- It is time-consuming especially when sample is large and re-calls o respondents are to be made.
- Sometimes the presence of he interview can over-stimulate he respondent and he may give imaginary answers to make the interview interesting.
- Under the interview method the organization required for selection, training and supervising the field-staff is more complex with formidable problems.
- Interviewing at times may introduce systematic errors.
- Interview presupposes a proper rapport with respondents for free and frank responses, which is not always possible.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019