Characteristics of Delegation:
Delegation has following Characteristics:
1) Delegation takes place when a manager grants some of his powers to subordinates.
2) Delegation occurs only when the person delegating the authority himself as that authority i.e. a manager must possess what he wants to delegate.
3) Only a part of authority is delegated to subordinates.
4) A manager delegating authority can reduce, enhance or take it back. He exercises full control over the activities of the subordinates even after delegation.
5) It is only the authority which is delegated and not the responsibility. A manager cannot abdicate responsibility by delegating authority to subordinates.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019