One of the most important features of International trading environment is the existence of trade barriers, The main objective of imposing trade barriers are to protect domestic industries from foreign competition, to promote indigenous research and development, to consence foreign exchange resources of the country, to make balance of position favorable, to curt over-consumption, to mobilize revenue for the govt. and to discriminate against certain countries.
There are basically two types of trade barriers:-
- Tariff:- Tariffs in International trade refer to the duties/ taxes imposed on internationally traded goods when they cross the national borders.
- Non-Tariff Barriers:- NTB’s have grown considerably where the countries describe thus as new protectionist measures the export growth of many countries has been. Seriously affected by NTB’s.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019