Useful tips to crack TYBMS Sem 5
- Keep a track of last 5 years papers
- All the portion should be read atleast once
- Section 2 should be attempted first if you know all questions
- For a 10 marks question, don’t spend more than 15 minutes
- Case study should ideally be done in the end and you need to allot atleast 35 minutes for the same
- Draw necessary diagrams/flow chards where ever necessary
- Examples are a must, atleast one example per question should be targeted
- Do not leave any question in the exam. All questions have to be attempted. In case you do not know the answer atleast try and write something about the chapter
- Do not keep anything for last minute studies since the exam day should be spent on revising
- Case studies have to be compulsorily attempted. Students need to understand that there is no right or wrong answer in a case. You need to justify your concepts in the case
- Some subject tips:-
- FM- You cannot leave any chapter in option. Ideally section 1 should be done after finishing section 2. Concentrate on chapters like working capital, cash management and capital structure for section 2. Case study on capital budgeting is expected
- Logistics: – case study would be a combination of inventory management, warehousing and transportation. Numerical if at all would be asked in case study on EOQ or re order level. Questions on performance measurement, warehousing, material handling expected. Please refer to the question bank for logistics.
- Special studies in marketing: – write as many examples as possible. Questions on promotion, brand building, brand equity, IMC expected.
- Special studies in Finance: – case study could either be on loans and advances or FOREX. Other important numerical on EVA, deferred tax needs to be done.
- Ethics: – a question bank would be uploaded soon. Write as many examples. Avoid open ended questions.
For any further information/queries, please feel free to comment below.
Latest posts by vipin0785 (see all)
- Business Communications II FYBMS Question Bank 2019 - March 21, 2019
- Business Environment Question Bank FYBMS 2019 - March 21, 2019
- Business Mathematics Question Bank FYBMS 2019 - March 21, 2019