At the out set I would like to say The Project done in TYBMS is synonymous to writing and then solving a case study. Further, the project book that the student submits is similar to a passport and the internal presentation is similar to the visa. If a student does not want to study further after his graduation and plans to start working he will have to appear for an interview. This passport (project book) helps him at this stage to reach his target (job). Hence, I strongly feel that the student should start looking at it not just with the perceptive of getting a score / grade but a different perceptive that he is making a way for himslef / herself towards his career for that he needs to give his best shot.
1) First things first the student should choose the project topic keeping in mind his area of interest. It should not be decided ad hoc or because of a suggestion from a well wisher.
2) A research based project always would carry more weight age than a ‘compiled Project’. I call it compiled because it is observed that students just pick up the matter first from the ‘e- library’ i.e. The ‘internet’ and then make the ‘index’ according to the so called material ‘collected’ from net and library which is a wrong approach
3). The student should approach the internal guide after choosing the topic and discuss the outline and objective of the project
4) The next step is work on it sincerely and present it as per the guidelines given by the university
5) The project should be done using a combination of both primary and secondary data.
6) Presentation matters a lot. Use graphs / charts / pictorial presentation to bring out the conclusions in a systematic and easily understandable manner.
7) Executive summary, conclusion and references should be given due attention.
8) On the dee day :
A) Dress up formally, look presentable
B) Be confident
C) Wish the guide on approaching him/her and wait for him / her to ask you to be seated.
D) Do not bluff. If you don’t know a particular answer be truthful.
E) Don’t beat around the bush, answer as per the question asked for.
Keep in mind All’s well that Ends well.