Top 10 tips to crack TYBMS project vivas…
- First thing the student should choose the project topic keeping in mind his area of interest.
- Why you selected this project topic?
- How is your project useful as per today’s youth?
- How many times you had been to the industry and how long was the procedure?
- What problems were faced in data collection?
- Presentation matters a lot. Use graphs / charts / pictorial presentation to bring out the conclusions in a systematic and easily understandable manner.
- If you are preparing a PPT, make sure that you are able to answer whatever is included and why you have included those topics in the PPT.
- Executive summary, conclusion and references should be given due attention.
- What is the future of the topic you have selected?
- On the day
- Dress up formally, looks presentable
- Be confident
- Do not bluff. If you don’t know a particular answer be truthful.
- Don’t beat around the bush, answer as per the question asked for.
Basic points to keep in mind before you start your preparation of Blackbook.
- BE thorough with your topic.
- Examiner can ask any damn thing from your blackbook.
- Be ready with conclusion and recommendation.
- Findings of research.
If you are Marketing students:
1) you‘ll be asked to explain case studies, do some research work about advertisements and strategies.
2) For marketing it is very important to have knowledge about recent happenings.
If you are Finance students:
1) you should know who is the finance minister.
2) Why finance?
3) Which part of finance you are interested into.
By Shamim Noorani, BMS Graduate (2013-14)