Case study is a story given about some company which involves the issues related to the company related to a particular topic/subject like Human Resource Management, Logistics Management and so on.
How to crack a case study-
1) Collect the facts and analyze them – While reading the case, underline the main factual statements, decisions made by the firm and key points which will highlight the main problems of the case and then analyze the facts by interpreting and reviewing the decisions of the individuals and the firm.
2) Identify the main problems/key issues and analyze – Problems in the case are mostly hidden. So read the case again and again to identify the key issues. Facts may help you in identifying the problem. Analyze the characteristics and reasons of the issues involved in the case. Examine them with your knowledge of the concepts related to the subject.
3) Do SWOT analysis of the case – Find out the strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats of the company/ case which will help you to find the possible solutions to the problems.
4) List alternative course of action and evaluate them and then Recommend the best course of action – Be precise about which alternative is best and make realistic conclusion. It should reveal your good understanding of the case and have logical reasoning.
Steps to solve the case-
1) Summary of the case – It’s the summary of the case i.e. what you have understood about the case. You can start like this – “The case revolves under…. ”
2) Facts of the case – The important facts of the case which would reveal the problem.
3) Problem in case – Highlight the main problems in the case
4) Analysis of problems
5) Solution to the problem – Suggest 2 or more possible solutions
6) Analysis of solution
7) Final solution – Suggest the best solution which is suitable and fulfills the requirement.
Then answer to the questions (if asked).
Write in Point-form. The answers may be backed with some graphs, figures, current information, theoretical concepts, creative inputs and unbiased opinions.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019