Following are some points to be kept in mind while attempting Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
1. Students should read the question paper carefully. No question would be asked out of the syllabus. Every question would be from the syllabus itself. This should be kept in mind as students do not have any previous university question paper to refer to.
2. They are suggested to approach the paper from the ethical angle with regards to marketing, finance, HR, IT, or environment. They are requested to keep in mind the basic concepts of all these fields, and then look at them from the ethical, moral, and a value-based perspective.
3. If a broader ethical perspective is taken, then this paper will not be difficult to attempt. They are requested to recognize general / universal ethics, as well as personal ethics.
4. Ethics are culture-specific. Each culture and society may have a different set of ethics. They have to approach it from the Indian perspective.
5. Students are requested not to take this paper lightly. Ethics have several technical concepts. This paper is very related to philosophy and law.
6. They are also requested to compile and discuss case studies related to business ethics. Case studies are easily available on the internet.
These are some basic factors that students are requested to keep in mind.
I hope this gives a general clarification.
I wish the students all the best for this paper, and their Sem 5 exam in general.
Saurabh Deshpande,BMS Faculty of Ghanshyamdas Saraf College
“For Business ethics and corporate governance, students can refer Vipul Prakashan and Himalaya Publications textbooks. There is a lot of material available on the internet also and solve more case studies. This paper is related to Indian Management Thoughts and Practices. So students can refer to this subject’s textbooks/reference material. Business ethics requires the application of personal ethics and apart from general ethics, some concepts can be subjective.”
– Saurabh Deshpande, BMS faculty of Ghanshyamdas Saraf College
The following two tabs change content below.
We, at BMS.co.in, believe in sharing knowledge and giving quality information to our BMS students. We are here to provide and update you with every details required by you BMSites!
If you want to join us, please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.