Now that Sem 5 is over, time to relax a bit and at the same time pulling up your socks for the next sem.
Sem 6 has 7 papers and not too much of time to prepare. December first week are the project vivas followed by Christmas break during last week of December. January has a couple of holidays and internal exams. February because of internal college exams and board exams for 12th, may be a slack month for many colleges. March you would have other board exams and prelims in college. April first week typically are the ATKT exams for sem 5 followed by Sem 6 exams around April 3rd week. This leaves us with just full 2 months of study time. Hence please follow the following instructions to prepare and do exceptionally well for boards.
- Entrepreneurship:- One of the simplest papers however very lengthy. Its a theoretical paper hence scoring may be difficult. This subject generally does not take much time to prepare and study.
- Text book to be referred:- Vipul’s. Other private notes can also be referred.
- International Marketing:- Another simple paper to study. This paper would be a combination of EXIM and Marketing that you would have already done.
- Text Book to be referred:- Vipuls, Rishabh
- Retail Management:- This subject was made compulsory last year. Simple and short subject.
- Text book to be referred:- Vipuls, Rishabh
- Indian Management Thoughts and Practices:- This subject may be a bit dry since it talks about the Indian concepts of ethics and management styles. Though the paper is simple some answers do tend to be subjective.
- Text book to be referred:- Himalaya (Dr V N Saxena) a very good book for this subject.
- International Finance:- This is a paper which has an equal weight age of sums and theory. The sums though are short however are tricky. Theory is vast and may be dry for many people since it introduced economics and financial concepts. This subject requires practise from day 1. This subject is know to have maximum ATKT in the boards.
- Text book to be referred:- Rishabh (Govind Sowani) this is the best text book available for this subject. Private notes can also be referred.
- Operations research:- This paper is a quant based paper with maximum weight age on sums and numerical. This papers is mathematical in nature and requires practice from day 1. This subject is know to produce maximum ATKT in sem 6.
- Text book to be referred:- Vipul- Nitin Kulkarni, Sheth Publications, however private notes can also be referred.
- Investment Analysis and portfolio management:- A paper based on financial terminology and an extension to FM in sem 5. This paper has an equal weight age to sums and theory. Ample practice is required to score marks.
- Text book to be referred:- Vipul, Sheth
- Econometrics:- Its a boon for people with some flair for numbers. A completely numerical paper with chances of scoring full marks. A very short syllabus. Advisable to all marketing or finance backgrounds,
- Text book to be referred:- Vipul
- Financial Markets and Operations:- Its a theoretical paper based on financial markets and the way they operate. Its the first time that this paper is introduced hence no past papers and reference books are available. However the course content is very close to real life situations. Students are requested to use their own judgement and take a call.
For any further clarifications, please feel free to speak to Prof Vipin Saboo of Vipin Saboo Tutorials on 9820779873.
To know more about Vipin Saboo Tutorials, you can check : Vipin Saboo Tutorials For TYBMS Sem 5 and Sem 6
Latest posts by vipin0785 (see all)
- Business Communications II FYBMS Question Bank 2019 - March 21, 2019
- Business Environment Question Bank FYBMS 2019 - March 21, 2019
- Business Mathematics Question Bank FYBMS 2019 - March 21, 2019