In making plans for the more immediate future (short-range financial planning), the management is vitally concerned with a statement of cash flows, which provides more detailed information. Such a statement is useful for the management to assess its ability to meet obligations to trade creditors, to pay bank loans, to pay interest to debenture holders & dividend to its shareholders. Furthermore the projected cash flow statements prepared month-wise or so can be useful in presenting information of excess in some month & shortage of cash in others. By making available such information in advance, the statement of cash flows enables the management to revise its plans. Cash flow statements summarize sources of cash inflows & uses of cash outflows of the firm during a particular period of time. In the preparation of cash flow statement all the item that increase /decrease cash are included but all those items which have no effect on cash are excluded. Hence, it is essentially a tool of short term financial planning. Cash flow information is useful in assessing the ability of the enterprise to generate cash & cash equivalent & enables users to develop models to assess & compare the present value of the future cash flows of different enterprises.
The following two tabs change content below.
We, at BMS.co.in, believe in sharing knowledge and giving quality information to our BMS students. We are here to provide and update you with every details required by you BMSites! If you want to join us, please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Login or Register
- Steps Involved In Setting Up Of An Enterprise on
- TYBMS Sem 5 CBSGS 75:25 April 2016 ATKT Exam Results Declared on 20 July 2016 on
- Are Peace and Non-violence outdated concepts? on
- Football World Cup Brazil 2014 HD Wallpapers, Images, Pictures For WhatsApp, Instagram, BBM on
- 2014 Football World Cup Brazil Facebook Greetings, WhatsApp HD, Images, Wallpapers, Scraps For Orkut on
- TYBMS Sem 6 (Revised) Exam Date! on
- Inventory Management on
- 10 Cool Superb Group Admin Jokes, Trolls, Funny Status For WhatsApp, Facebook on
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) of TYBMS Sem 6 CBSGS Results 2014-15 on
- 8 Very Interesting Unknown Facts Of Revaluation Process From Mumbai University on
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! June 15, 2019
- Business Communications II FYBMS Question Bank 2019 March 21, 2019
- Business Environment Question Bank FYBMS 2019 March 21, 2019
- Business Mathematics Question Bank FYBMS 2019 March 21, 2019
- Registered Users
- Topic Tags