Sources Of Marketing Information System:
In MIS, information is collected, arranged, stored and made available to departments and managers for decision-making. Information is the base of MIS. Such information is collected from different sources, which includeinternal and external.
Internal Sources of Information:
(1) Old statistical records of the company.
(2) Sales invoices and sales statistics
(3) Sales-force reports
(4) Sales Analysis
(5) Production statistics
(6) Profit and Loss statements
(7) Operating Ratios
(a) Gross Margin ratios
(b) Expense Ratios
(c) Net Profit Ratios
(8) Departmental budgets and reports
(9) Old research reports and surveys
(10) Periodical progress reports
(11) Directors’ reports and committee reports.
External Sources of Information:
(1) Trade journals and periodicals
(2) Business press i.e. Economic Times, Financial Express, etc
(3) Census reports and other government publications on business, finance, marketing, exports, etc.
(4) Publications of trade associations, chambers of commerce and other agencies concerned with finance, trade, commerce and industry
(5) Publications of RBI/ financial institutions, term lending institutions and government departments
(6) Publications and survey reports of IMF, World Bank, WTO, FAO/ etc.
(7) Published survey reports and statistical data
(8) Special reports, surveys etc. conducted by marketing research agencies, magazines, advertising agencies etc.
(9) Publications of stock exchanges, commodity exchanges and export promotion councils
(10) Daily press, reports and information.
(11) Marketing Research
(12) Syndicated services
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019