1. A university is facing problems as the students are downloading videos and doing illegal downloads from restricted websites, in the turn making the connectivity very slow and the college is receiving complaints also. Prepare a policy for the College administration.
2. The Times of India leadership summit was organized where there were 34k applicants.
Finally 64 people got the chance. Winners were given Rs.5 Million to implement their idea or to study in Harvard about leadership course also they were given a chance to contest on Lok-Sabha seat or to study in Harvard institute about leadership course. If you were the winner what would you do?
3. Reema and Vaibhavi are very good friends.Vaibhavi is proud of Reema because she has given an exceptional presentation and the topic FAIR SKIN IS NOT NEEDED FOR SUCCESS. Vaibhavi goes to Reema’s house with a bouquet to congratulate her while entering Reema’s house she gets a sneak peek view of Reema herself applying fairness cream on her face …Vaibhavi gets emotionally distressed,is she right?
4. This is a case about “Hindustan Defence” and about Mr Kuslem who was given 2 responsibilities of GM(Materials) and AWA Marketing and he was not able to cope with the situation where the company was suffering downturn, he could not achieve the targets and employees trust and he got lost the job, and company also discontinued the policy of giving
2 responsibilities. “What you would do if you were in place of Mr Kuslem and in place of MD”
5. Mr. Ram Dayal Mathur is working as an Assistant Director in the Telecommunication dept of the Govt. of India. He got married rather late in life and had children at a later age. He calculated that by the time he retires his youngest son would only be 16 yrs. He realised he’d need to work another 4 – 5 yrs to support his family. He decides to move to a private sector and so does a part time MBA and even clears with an A grade. He gets a really good offer from a private telecomm firm for the position of Deputy General Manager (DGM). He is told that if he joins the firm within the next 45 days he can be part of a program that trains 5
DGM and promotes them to a higher position. In the meantime a friend calls him to advise
that the Govt is about to revise the pay commission and if he resigns after 2 – 3 months later he can leave with a higher pension and gratuity. Now Mr. Mathur is confused because if he doesn’t join the private firm quickly, the younger guys will be promoted over him. What
would you do if you were Mr. Mathur?
6. Some employees are misusing company resources time/software for personal benefits by working for other private/small firms and trying to make extra money. So as a manager how will you react to the situation?
7. You and your co-worker are to hire a summer intern for your firm…HR dept sends a few applications. One of them has the name of your Vice president with Jr.. behind it. Who would you hire?
8. A paediatric hospital that got a grant from the government for some high tech equipment. In return, the hospital had to provide free treatment to poor people. This caused a loss of profit. Cleanliness is also affected. What suggestions would we give as a group to the CMO?
9. Raj, 28 years old is working for FMG Ltd, a company that manufactures contraceptives. He was training at the Mumbai office and now has been transferred to Village “Y”. This village has recently seen a rise in the number of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). The villagers are not open to using contraceptives and Raj has been offered the challenge to increase the sales of the product. What should he do?
10. Megha, an MBA has been married for 1 year. She has been working as a team leader in a software company. Her boss has offered her an opportunity to go to US for a project. The project will be for 1 year. Her husband too is software professional and has been offered to head a team at the city office. This project is important as he has been offered a promotion after its success. The couple stays alone in the city. What should Megha do.
11. Rizwan has been working for 10 years in a manufacturing unit of a local company at Deonar. He is the senior most employee in the company. The company is facing a financial crisis because of a fight between the brothers who are partners. There are 100 workers in the company and all of them are locals. Rizwan is illiterate and knows no other skills. What
should he do?
12. Rita has been working with XYZ Company for 2 years and wants to do an MBA. A number of people from her company have been laid off recently due to recession. She has been called for a MBA Entrance interview. She is the only working member of her family and has a large family to support. You are her friend who is also pursuing your MBA, advice Rita on what she should do.
13. Your team has been sent to Shingala village for election duty. An influential politician from that area has made inflammatory remarks against a community. Following this there were riots in the area and the police called for a curfew. Some of your team members were seen at the rally and they have been arrested by the local police. Your team is shaken and scared and Election Day is after 2 days. What should you do as team leader to get the team back on track.
14. You are the manager of an International cricket team. Your team is scheduled to play a match and everybody is ready to leave for the stadium. Suddenly you hear a blast and the noise is from the market area very close to the hotel you are staying. Further there are also rumours that a group of four armed terrorists have attacked your hotel and have set the ground floor on fire. Your match is scheduled to begin in 20 minutes and all the tickets in the stadium have been sold. Also, this the last day of the test match and your team is inching towards victory. What will you do as team manager?
15. Mr. Laxman is a supervisor in XYZ ltd. which is an electrical company. He has 4 foremen who work under him. The job of a foreman has a lot of field work which requires travelling to different places every day. Hence the company has provided every foreman with a motorcycle. The company had promised Mr. Laxman that they will provide new bikes to all his foremen, but now the company has provided him with only one new Bajaj Pulsar 150cc bike. Mr. Laxman is now in a fix as to whom should he consider among the four for the new vehicle.
Mr. Parag (40): Has been working with the company for the last 15 years. Currently has a Bajaj
CT100. Being the senior most in the team he has to travel minimum among the four. He expects the supervisor to consider his seniority and give him the new bike.
Mr. Suraj (21): The star performer among the four. He has recently joint the company. Currently has a TVS Centra. The bike is not in a very good condition, but still runs smoothly. He
has to travel extensively everyday. He thinks he deserves the bike.
Mr. Bhalla (35): Been with the company for 7 years. He has a Yamaha RX 100. He has been complaining recently about his bike. But in terms of performance he hasn’t been very impressive and has been below average. His bike isn’t in very good condition either.
Mr. Tarun (28): Has been very good at his work. He also handles emergency calls. Currently has a Hero Honda splendour. But he has always been complaining about his bike. He has been
working with the company for 8 years.
The foremen relate very warmly with these vehicles and consider them as a matter of prestige when compared to their co workers. Thus they are very sensitive as to who is given which motorcycle. You have to decide as whom Mr. Laxman should give this bike to.
16. You are working in the accounts department of ABC Ltd. A colleague from the sales department asks you for a cheque of Rs. 2000/- for lunch and travel expenses for yesterday. You have seen this colleague socializing at a nearby restaurant during lunchtime yesterday since you too were at the same place celebrating your birthday. You however were on leave yesterday. What do you do?
17. You are a cashier at UCICU bank for a year when one of colleague informs you that his sister is very ill and needs to undergo a major operation. She is the only working member in the family and has financial problems. The operation will cost about 3 lakhs and she has no mediclaim. After a few weeks, the same colleague informs you that her sister is well. She then confides in you that she took Rs. 50,000/- from a dormant account at the bank to pay for the operation. She assures you that she has already started paying it back and the money will be returned in three months. What do you do?
18. You and your friend want to start a new venture. For the same you need to do a lot of research. In your spare time at work, you surf the net and make proposals on the personal computer. Your colleague finds out about the same and encourages you to market it while at work. This is a very attractive option, yet you worked on the proposal using company equipment and during time that you were at work. What do you do?
19. You are working for a newspaper which has published a report on a national study. The
study concluded that ‘Y’ brand fruit juice water has virtually no health advantages over other fruit
juices as claimed by the company. The study included comments from local health storeowners
and distributors challenging the study. ‘Y’ Fruit Juice Company has an advertising account worth over 25 crores with your newspaper and they have threatened to pull their account if you publish the report. What do you do?