The research process:
Opinion, market and academic researchers have developed a pattern of research that involves nine basic steps:
1) Statement of the problem
2) Selection of a manageable portion of the problem
3) Definition of concepts and terms
4) Literature search
5) Development of a hypothesis
6) Determination of a study design
7) Gathering of the data
8) Analysis of the data
9) Recording of the implications, generalization, conclusions
Now, let us briefly see the above component:
1. Listing and prioritizing of information is to be disseminated:
May wish to inform the public:
a) The new policy of the Government or organisation
b) The change in the existing policy
c) The new scheme promoted
d) The change in the existing scheme
Public Relations activity starts with identifying the message to be disseminated and prioritized.
2. Ascertaining the existing knowledge level or understanding the perceptions of the public:
The organisation can check a quick survey among the target group of the public to ascertain the knowledge level of the issue for which the organisation is planning to initiate Public Relations process and in case of the image it is essential to know whether the image is positive, neutral or negative in terms of the assessment or in terms of the organisation or both.
3. Communication objectives and prioritise:
Based on the knowledge level or image factor, communication objectives are to be established which is possible to evaluate and the top management approval is required. For example, communication objective instead of using the term increasing awareness level about the scheme, it should be specific “By 2005, in the number of families where of the scheme be atleast one lakh” so that we can evaluate the impact.
4. Message and Media:
After choosing the objective, the content of the message need to be developed.
While developing the message we should keep in mind the media in which we are going to use for disseminating that message. TV/Visual media may be effective for showing the demonstrating awareness. Training media may be effective whether the recipient may wish to keep the gap or further reference.
5. Implementation of message and media:
Based on the expected reaching level and target group, the budget is to be prepared and message is transmitted through the appropriate media’s.
6. Impact assessment:After release of the message, it is essential to study the impact at interval by interacting with the target group.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019