Nominal Group Technique: This research technique has been used for organizational decision-making, problem-solving, and idea-generating purposes for market research (de Ruyter, 1996). The researcher assembles a purposive sample of 10 to 12 people. A purposive sample is a “non probability sample in which the researcher selects respondents according to his or her judgment as to their perceived representativeness or usefulness to the research process” (Broom & Dozier, 1990, p. 400). Group members typically are somewhat knowledgeable about the topic. A nominal group technique (NGT) method usually consists of five stages. First, a moderator presents the topic and makes sure participants understand the issue. In stage two, each participant works individually to generate ideas. In stage three, a facilitator records everyone’s ideas in a round-robin fashion. Stage four consists of a group discussion of ideas. Similar ideas may be combined into a single category, but only if the entire group agrees to combine traits. In the fifth stage, participants vote for the ideas of greatest importance (de Ruyter, 1996; Langford, Schoenfeld, & Izzo, 2002; Claxton, Brent Richie, & Zaichkowski, 1980). In some cases, NGT voting includes ranking, where participants give their first choice five points, second choice three points and third choice one point. NGT lacks precision, but is an effective brainstorming technique and often the first step to additional research.
The following two tabs change content below.
We, at BMS.co.in, believe in sharing knowledge and giving quality information to our BMS students. We are here to provide and update you with every details required by you BMSites! If you want to join us, please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BMS Team| | | Business Law, Notes| 2
Annual general meeting of the company is an annual meeting of the body of the member held every year....
What is advertising? Explain advertising on web. How we can measure the effectiveness of web advertising?BMS Team| | | E-Commerce, Notes| 0
Advertising on the Web Most advertising on the Web uses banner ads. A banner ad is a small rectangular...
Login or Register
- Are Peace and Non-violence outdated concepts? on
- Football World Cup Brazil 2014 HD Wallpapers, Images, Pictures For WhatsApp, Instagram, BBM on
- 2014 Football World Cup Brazil Facebook Greetings, WhatsApp HD, Images, Wallpapers, Scraps For Orkut on
- TYBMS Sem 6 (Revised) Exam Date! on
- Inventory Management on
- 10 Cool Superb Group Admin Jokes, Trolls, Funny Status For WhatsApp, Facebook on
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) of TYBMS Sem 6 CBSGS Results 2014-15 on
- 8 Very Interesting Unknown Facts Of Revaluation Process From Mumbai University on
- SYBMS Sem 3 Syllabus: Accounting for Managerial Decision on
- FYBMS 2016 Cut-off Analysis for 100 BMS Colleges on
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! June 15, 2019
- Business Communications II FYBMS Question Bank 2019 March 21, 2019
- Business Environment Question Bank FYBMS 2019 March 21, 2019
- Business Mathematics Question Bank FYBMS 2019 March 21, 2019
- Registered Users
- Topic Tags