Nature of Stores
- Store as building where inventories are kept.
- Storage is the function of receiving, storing, and issuing materials.
- Stores ensure ready accessibility of major materials there-by efficient service to users.
- Minimisation of stores cost, and continuous supply is the prime function of stores.
- Stores layout is a fundamental factor in determining the efficient performance of stores department.
- A satisfactory storage system compromises between the use of space and the use of time.
- Random location means that items can be stored in any storage position which is available.
- Keeping stock on one side of the aisle in which case the layout is called comb type .
- Stores manual is a written statement of policies, and procedures.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019