Method Study or Methods Analysis
- Method study is also known as methods improvement.
- Prime objectives of method study are to eliminate wasteful and inefficient motions.
Steps in method study
- Select– select the work to be studied.
- Record-record all the relevant facts of the present method of direct observation.
- Examine-examine the facts critically in sequence, using special critical examination sheet.
- Develop-develop the best method (i.e) the most practical, economic and effective method, under prevailing circumstances.
- Install-install that method as standard practice
- Maintain– maintain the standard practice by regular routine check.