The “traditional” assumptions about the nature of people, according to Douglas McGregor, are included in Theory X as follows:
- Average human beings have an inherent dislike of work and will avoid it if they can.
- Because of this human characteristic of disliking work, most people must be coerced, controlled, directed, and threatened with punishment to get them to put forth adequate effort toward the achievement of organizational objectives.
- Average human beings prefer to be directed, wish to avoid responsibility, have relatively little ambition, and want security above all.
- Motivation occurs only at the physiological and safety levels.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019