Material Planning And Control
Material planning is a scientific technique of determining in advance the requirements of raw materials, ancillary parts and components, spares etc. as directed by the production programme. It is a subsystem in the overall planning activity. There are many factors, which influence the activity of material planning. These factors can be classified as macro and micro systems.
1. Macro factors: Some of the micro factors which affect material planning, are price trends, business cycles Govt. import policy etc.
2. Micro factors: Some of the micro factors that affect material planning are plant capacity utilization, rejection rates, lead times, inventory levels, working capital, delegation of powers and communication.
Latest posts by BMS Team (see all)
- Meterdown Annual Festival is back with its 7th edition – Starts today! - January 16, 2020
- Tybms sem 6 results 2019 declared on 19th June 2019 - June 19, 2019
- TYBMS Sem 6 Results 2019 Update from BMS khabri! - June 15, 2019