Chapter 15 – Modern Logistics Infrastructure
1) The Golden Quadrilateral is a highway
network in India connecting Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai, thus forming a Quadrilateral of sorts.
2) The largest highway project in India, initiated by Atal Bihari Vajpayee, is in the first phase of the National Highways Development Project (NHDP) and consists of building 5,846km of four/six lane express highways at a cost of Rs.60,000 Cr.
The Cold chain logistics infrastructure generally consists of:-
Pre-cooling facilities Cold Storage
Refrigerated Carriers Packaging
Information Management systems (Traceability and Tracking etc.)
A Logistics Park is a logistic organization and management nodes relative concentration of construction and development, with economic development nature of urban logistical functional areas, it is also replying on related logistics services and facilities to reduce logistics cost and improve logistics efficiency and improve the flow of business services processing, raw material procurement, to facilitate direct contact and consumption in the production and other activities, with the economic function of the nature of industrial development zones.
CONTAINER CORPORATION OF INDIA
Container Corporation of India Ltd. (CONCOR) was set up under the Companies Act in the year 1988 with the takeover of 7 ICDs supplied by the Indian Railways
DEDICATED FRIEGHT CORRIDOR
A network of more than 40 terminals, offering scheduled and on demand rapid rail and road services between the hinterland and ports, and between major metros.
DEEP WATER PORTS:-
A Deep Water port is defined as “any fixed or floating man-made structures other than a vessel, or any group of such of such structures, located beyond the territorial sea and off the coast and which are used or intended for use as a port o r terminal for the loading or unloading”.
Latest posts by Score Tutorial (see all)
- Special Studies in Finance Solved Paper – November 2013 - November 26, 2013
- Special Studies in Finance Solved Paper – April 2010 - November 25, 2013
- Special Studies in Finance Solved Paper – November 2011 - November 25, 2013