Dear Students, welcome to TYBMS!
As you are may be aware, TYBMS is the most critical year of your academic career, here are some tips to crack TYBMS with some great marks
TYBMS has the following 6 papers
- Human Resource management
- Service sector management
- Financial Management
- Logistics and Supply chain management
- Business Ethics
- Special studies in Finance/Special studies in Marketing
- Project work
Lets discuss in details about each and every subject minutely.
- Human Resource management-This subject deals with day to day human resource management in every organisation. A fairly simple though lengthy subject with few ATKTs in the university exams. It may not be a difficult paper but can be lengthy for some. You should start preparing for this paper form August (plan your college internals accordingly). A good reference book for the same would be Kale Ahmed- Vipul Publications
- Service sector management– This subject deals with marketing and management of services. Different aspects of services like demand supply mismatch, GAP analysis, Blue printing etc. This subject is a vast subject with majority of people finding this subject difficult to learn because of vast and unorganised syllabus. Also students find it challenging to score in this paper. Sufficient ATKTs in the exams makes this subject a must begin subject from day 1. Please DO NOT take this subject lightly. It is lengthy and at times becomes difficult to wind up. Start this subject from June itself to avoid any last minute hiccups. A good reference book for the same would be Romeo Maschranes Vipul Publications and Sunny Fernandes, Rishabh Publication.
- Financial Management– This subject would test your numerical and calculation ability. A very vast syllabus with 8 numericals and 2 theory chapters. Chapters like capital budgeting, cash management and cost of capital takes the maximum time to cover up. Highest number of casualties in the university are in FM paper.Historically around 60% students get an ATKT in this paper and maximum of them just clear this paper with passing marks. Only a few students who have had ample practice tend to score the highest marks in the subject. This subject is a very demanding subject and constant practice needs to being from day 1. A good reference book for the same would be Arvind Dhond, Vipul Publications. Ample practise on numerical are required to score well in this subject.
- Logistics and supply chain management– This subject can be linked to production, material management and productivity papers that you would have done in earlier semesters. Fairly technical and detailed paper with historically high number of ATKTs and hence would require special attention and assistance. This subject also needs to be done well before hand to avoid any last minute hick cups. Ideal time to start this subject would be June-July to wind up on time. A good reference book for the same would be Vipin Saboo, Vipul Publications
- Business ethics– A fairly simple and concise paper though many students find this quite dry. However with sufficient guidance students have scored well in this paper. Historically very few ATKTs in this paper in the university. Please learn the practical implication of this paper and hence understanding and writing examples would be a key to score marks. A good reference book for the same would be Vipin Saboo, Vipul Publications. You should start preparing for this paper form August (plan your college internals accordingly).
- Special studies in Marketing- Students who are interested in advertising, communication and brand management needs to necessarily opt for this paper. Very interesting content though quite vast. However very few ATKTs in the exam. You should start preparing for this paper form August (plan your college internals accordingly). A good reference book for this paper is Sunny Fernandes, Rishabh Publications.
- Special studies in Finance– Students interested in FOREX, corporate finance and capital markets can opt for this paper. This paper is not quite lengthy and hence can offer a good scoring opportunity. Historically very few number of ATKTs. However to score in this paper special guidance and practice is required. This subject is a very demanding subject when it comes to scoring and constant practice needs to being from day 1. A good reference book for the same would be Arvind Dhond, Vipul Publications. Ample practise on numerical are required to score well in this subject.
- Project work– This is the most crucial paper since it takes the maximum time for a student to research and present a detailed original project which carries marks unlike a grade in earlier years. Rank holders have lost their ranks due to low score in the project. Hence the project research should begin immediately as soon as you are done with SYBMS exams. Special tips to make a project can be provided separately on request.
Each student would be advised to start the preparations based on the comments which have been mentioned for each paper.
For any further clarifications, please feel free to get in touch with Prof Vipin Saboo from Vipin Saboo Tutorials on 9820779873
Latest posts by vipin0785 (see all)
- Business Communications II FYBMS Question Bank 2019 - March 21, 2019
- Business Environment Question Bank FYBMS 2019 - March 21, 2019
- Business Mathematics Question Bank FYBMS 2019 - March 21, 2019