Short essay on Sri Krishna Janmashtami for Kids
- Janmashtami is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Sri Krishna.
- Krishna Janmashtami is also known as Srikrishna Jayanti, Krishnashtami, Gokulashtami and sometimes simply as Janmashtami.
- Janmashtami is one such festival that is celebrated equally in North and South India. Different parts of the country celebrate the festival differently.
- The idol of Lord Krishna is placed in a decorated mantapa.
- Snacks and sweets are specially prepared for the festival, and offered to Lord Krishna. Along with it, fruits that are his favorites are also offered.
- In some parts of Karnataka, chakli, avalakki and bellada panaka are prepared especially for the festival.
- In the city of Dwarka in Gujarat and the eastern states of Orissa and West Bengal, people celebrate it with fasting and doing puja at midnight.
- The festival is celebrated in the evening as Lord Krishna was born at midnight. Most people observe a strict fast on this day and eat only after the midnight puja.
- Eatables made of milk and curd are prepared to make offerings to Lord Krishna. Joyful chanting of Lord’s name takes place in temples.
- Krishnashtami brings much joy and feeling of unity.
Latest posts by Aishwarya Mehta (see all)
- 5 Amazing Chocolate Covered Anything Day Images, Wallpapers, Photos For Facebook, WhatsApp - December 13, 2014
- Happy Chocolate Covered Anything Day 2014 WhatsApp Display Pictures, Facebook Photos Free Download - December 13, 2014
- Happy Chocolate Covered Anything Day 2014 Wallpapers, Images, Wishes For Pinterest, Instagram - December 13, 2014