UBMSFSI.1: Foundation of Human Skills
[50 lectures: 3 Credit]
- To understand the basic behavior pattern of human, the most important resource of a business and to deal with them in a apt manner.
- It helps in dealing and negotiating with different kinds of human nature and greater awareness of the human behavior.
|Unit 1.||Understanding of human nature|
|a)||Individual Behaviour:||03 lectures|
|Influence of environment.||06 lectures|
|b)||Personality and attitude|
|Determinants of personality.|
|Personality traits theory.|
|Big five model.|
||traits important for||organizational||behaviour|
|like authoritarianism, locus of control, Machiavellianism,|
|introversion-extroversion achievement orientation, self –|
|esteem, risk taking, self-monitoring and type A and B|
||of understanding||self through||JOHARI|
|Functions of attitude.|
|c) Thinking, learning and perceptions.|
- Thinking skills, thinking styles and thinking hat.
- Managerial skills and development.
- Learning characteristics, theories of learning (classical conditioning, operant conditioning and social learning approaches).
- Intelligence, type ( IQ, EQ, SQ, at work place)
- Perception features and factor influencing individual perception.
- Effects of perceptual error in managerial decision making at work place. (Errors such as Halo effect, stereotyping, prejudice attributional).
|Unit 2||D) Introduction to Group Behaviour|
|Group Dynamics: Nature, types, group behavior model.||06|
|(roles, norms, status, process, structures)|
|forming an effective team.|
|E) Organizational processes and system.|
|types, causes of organizational politics, political games.||06|
|Organizational conflicts and resolution:|
|Conflict features, types, causes leading to organizational|
|conflicts, levels of conflicts, ways to resolve conflicts|
|through five conflicts resolution strategies with outcomes.|
|Unit 3||F) Organizational Culture||05|
- Characteristics of organizational culture.
- Types, functions and barriers of organizational culture.
- Ways of creating and maintaining effective organization culture
G) Motivation at workplace.
|(a) A.Maslow need heirachy|
|(b) F.Hertzberg dual factor|
|(c) MC.Gregor theory X and theory Y.|
|reinforcement) and stick (negative reinforcement) at|
|Unit 4||H) Organisational change and creativity||05|
- Concepts of organisational change.
- Factors leading/influencing organisational change.
- Kurt Lewins model of organisational change and development.
- Creativity and qualities of a creative person.
- Ways of enhancing creativity for effective decision making.
- Creative problem solving.
I)Organisational Development and work stress
- Need for organisational development.
- OD Techniques.
- Stress, types of stress.
- Causes and consequences of job stress · Ways for coping up with job stress