N.B. (1) All questions in Section 1 are compulsory.
(2) Answer any three questions from Section 2.
(3) Answer Section 1 and 2 together.
(4) Support your answers with relevant examples.
(1) Explain in brief : (10)
(b) Project evaluation
(e) Venture Capital
(2) Case Study:
Sangeeta Shah and Neela Chitre were very close friends since school days, accompanying each other not only to the library but also to health gym every evening.
In fact, there would always be a competitive spirit among both of them while exercising in the gym and it was not co-incidental that both matched each other’s capability in every respect. It was during one such chore that it emerged that both of them had a common pursuit of setting down with a venture associated with health fitness.
Simultaneously, it was the time when average individual was becoming health conscious and almost every third individual was either a member of a club or was involved in personal discipline of exercise. Even corporates were promoting health consciousness in their employees, offering gymnasium membership or housing a fitness centre within the premises.
Sangeeta and Neela have now started putting their heads together and are in the process of conceiving a business plan in context of a pursuit in the field of health fitness. When the idea was discussed by both with their parents, it was counseled that fitness centre with a beauty saloon alongwith a facility for stress management could be the right combination.
However, it was apparent that the project would involve a capital outlay of nothing less than 1.5 to 2 crores. Fortunately Sangeeta has almost been offered a place by her uncle at Andheri in his new residential building, on lease, and family and relatives may garner a maximum of 75 lakhs, but balance would have to be raised from other sources.
You are now required to help Sangeeta and Neela to address the following area:
(1) How to prepare a business plan for their idea? (5)
(2) What sources of finance can they explore? (5)
(3) How can they carry out staffing of their venture? Do you envisage any training needs? (5)
(4) Design a marketing strategy for the venture (5)
(3) “Developing countries need imitative, humble entrepreneurs rather than innovative entrepreneurs”. Do you agree? Give reasons. (10)
(4) Elaborate the methodology for a site location. Enumerate the various considerations under it. (10)
(5) In your opinion, what is the status of women entrepreneurs in contemporary business? Illustrate with examples. (10)
(6) Define entrepreneurial culture and differentiate it from administrative culture. (10)
(7) Short notes on: (any two) (10)
(a) Industrial estates
(b) Rewards and motivation of an entrepreneur